Police in a New Orleans suburb say an “out-of-state 15-year-old minor” is behind a school bomb threat that prompted Louisiana election officials to move a polling site Tuesday.
An investigation into the incident surrounding Kenner Discovery School also determined that the bomb threat was related to another directed at the facility last week, according to the Kenner Police Department.
“A warrant was obtained for the minor’s arrest for the crimes of… False communication with intent to provoke an emergency response and… Communication of false information of planned arson,” Kenner police said in a statement.
Investigators are “working with the local law enforcement agency in which the minor resides to make an arrest,” police added.
2022 MID-TERM ELECTION: LIVE UPDATES
Kenner police also said they “strongly believe” that the bomb threat received at Kenner Discovery School Tuesday morning “is not related to the election in any way.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
On November 3, Discovery Schools CEO Patty Glaser said middle and high school students were evacuated from “Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy Loyola and Vintage campuses due to an electronic bomb threat called the high school that demanded payment in bitcoins,” according to a statement. obtained by WDSU.
Police say there were no students inside the school yesterday because it was closed for Election Day.