A 35-year-old Northern California woman has pleaded guilty to statutory rape and will serve nearly eight years in state prison, prosecutors said Monday.
Last week, Jennifer Decarlo pleaded guilty to two counts of lewd acts against a minor, two counts of statutory rape and one count of meeting with a minor for lewd purposes, the Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement.
The Oakley resident was initially investigated for grooming a single victim for sex, but police eventually located two additional minor victims, according to prosecutors.
CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF PORTLAND CHALLENGES MAINE LAW THAT REMOVED THE LIMITATION STATUTE FOR CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE
Jennifer Decarlo, 35, pleaded guilty to one count of lewd meeting with a minor, two counts of lewd acts with a minor and two counts of California statutory rape. (FoxNews)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“Additional investigation resulted in evidence from social media demonstrating how Decarlo groomed and lured young children into his home for the purpose of committing lewd acts with them,” the prosecutor’s statement said.
Decarlo was sentenced to 7 years and 8 months in state prison. Upon release, she will be required to register for life as a sex offender.