HomeWorld NewsChurch stabbing incident in Spain: at least one dead, several injured |...

Church stabbing incident in Spain: at least one dead, several injured | World News

Date:

Related stories

Transforming Liberia Begins in Nimba County: A Call for Sovereign Rebirth

By: Rev. Torli H. Krua, contributing writer Liberia stands...

Riding the Bus This Summer in OC

Residents riding the bus this summer could see...

These Pets at OC Animal Care Are Looking for a Home

Dilora Dilora has been at OC Animal Care in...

Hogan: Truth To Power

I am writing this OP/Ed for Ashley Foster, ...

Liberia: Adoption Home Shut Down as Arrest Warrant Issued for Staff Over Child Abuse Charges

PAYNESVILLE, Montserrado —A local adoption agency with partners...
spot_imgspot_img

Spanish authorities are investigating what they said was a possible “terrorist” incident after a man stabbed several people in two churches in the southern Spanish port city of Algeciras, killing at least one person, he said. a judicial source and a spokesperson for the city.

The man attacked clerics at two different churches, San Isidro and Nuestra Señora de La Palma, about 1,000 feet (300 meters) apart, shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday in downtown Algeciras, a city spokesman said. A source at the Madrid Superior Court of Justice said the incident was being investigated as terrorism.

Also read: “It was too close”: US Mike Pompeo on the possibility of nuclear war after the Pulwama attack

Police said the attacker had been arrested, while a police source shared footage showing two officers escorting a man wearing a hooded sports shirt and handcuffed through a police station. Police have not released details of his name or nationality.

The man who died was Diego Valencia, sacristan of the church of Nuestra Señora de La Palma, while the head priest of the parish of San Isidro, Antonio Rodríguez, was among the injured and is in serious condition, said the spokesman for the Algeciras city. .

Also read: They said turn down the music volume, 11 attack Kharar police team

Images released by local media showed a man dressed in black holding a weapon that appeared to be a machete. Reuters could not immediately verify the video.

The newspaper El Mundo reported that four people were injured in the attack.

Subscribe

- Never miss a story with notifications

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Browse free from up to 5 devices at once

Latest stories

spot_img

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here